- At 5:00 P.M. the afternoon before your procedure, take 10 ounces of Magnesium Citrate (Lemon or Lime flavored only. Do not purchase red). This is available at drug stores without a prescription. It tastes better when it is chilled;
- You may have clear liquids ONLY after you take the Magnesium Citrate at 5:00 P.M. the afternoon before your procedure. Clear liquids include broth, apple juice, Gatorade, white grape juice, tea, water, and jello. IF YOU CAN SEE THROUGH IT, IT IS ALLOWED. NOTHING RED, such as cranberry juice, red fruit juice, or red jello.
- On the day of the procedure, you may have clear liquids until ________, then nothing by mouth until after the procedure.
- On the day of the procedure, you will need to give yourself 2 REGULAR DISPOSABLE FLEET ENEMAS, 15 minutes apart, 2 hours before your test.
- IF YOU ARE TAKING COUMADIN, PLAVIX, PRADAXA OR ANY OTHER BLOOD THINNER, YOU MUST INFORM THE DOCTOR!
- If you have any questions concerning this preparation, please call our office and ask for the scheduler.
- YOU MUST NOT DRINK ANYTHING (WATER INCLUDED) OR TAKE ANY MEDICATION FOR THE THREE (3) HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR EXAMINATION.
Treat Yourself to the Highest Quality Treatment Available Contact Us