- Do not eat or drink any foods or liquids after midnight the night BEFORE the procedure.
- If your procedure is scheduled after noon (12 p.m.) you may have a clear liquid diet for breakfast on the day of your procedure, THEN NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER 8 A.M. Clear liquids include apple juice, tea, water, Jell-O (not red), 7-Up or bouillon
- You may take your usual medications with a small amount of water early in the morning on the day of your procedure, if it is at least three (3) hours before your procedure.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT TAKE ANY ASPIRIN OR MEDICATION CONTAINING ASPIRIN, OR ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PRODUCTS ONE WEEK PRIOR TO YOUR ERCP.
- IF YOU ARE TAKING COUMADIN, PLAVIX, PRADAXA OR R ANY OTHER BLOOD THINNER, YOU MUST INFORM THE DOCTOR!
- ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE TO DRIVE YOU HOME!!!! PATIENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE A TAXI HOME BY THEMSELVES.
Treat Yourself to the Highest Quality Treatment Available Contact Us